Forms and FAQs
Obtaining Police Reports
Copies of police reports can be obtained in person or by sending a written request, including a completed search request form.
Reports can be obtained Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you request your report in person, you will need to complete a search request form for each report, provide identification and pay the report fee for each report (VISA/Mastercard, cash or money order). The processing of your request can take five minutes to an hour.
If submitting a written request, please contact the Records Section.
- A search request form will be mailed, faxed or can be picked up at the Records window.
- The search request form needs to be filled in with the report number(s), date, location of incident, involved parties, and requires the requester's signature.
- Once the search request has been completed, please submit it with the payment in the amount of the report fee. (Please call Records for specific pricing information.)
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Requests are processed on a daily basis. Your request should be mailed to:
Westminster Police Department
Attn: Records Section
9110 Yates Street
Westminster, CO 80031
Records Section Public Hours of Operation
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Traffic Accident Report
Traffic Accident Report - Obtain a copy of a traffic accident report using an online service. There is a charge for using this service. You will need the date of the accident, the department case number and a valid credit card to access your report for a quick and easy download.
Fingerprinting Fee and Requirements:
- Fingerprinting is provided by the Westminster Police Department.
- Fingerprinting fee: $20 per person.
- You must live or work in the City of Westminster.
- You must provide a valid Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado State Identification with current address.
- Walk-ins accepted during the times listed below only.
Westminster Police Department
9110 Yates St.
Fingerprinting Walk-In Days and Times:
Mondays - 12-4 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - 1-3 p.m.
Cash or Visa/Mastercard (exact amount and no credit cards accepted after 8 p.m.)
Information: 303-706-3516 or 303-658-4380
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspections
The Police Department provides VIN inspections for salvage vehicles; bond titles (lost or misplaced titles); out of country, trailers, Colorado assigned VINs (ie: rebuilt/reconstructed, street rods, home made, kit, and altered or missing VINs). VIN inspections are by appointment only. $20 per vehicle.
Call 303-658-4727 to make an appointment.
$7.50 per 1/4 hour billed in increments of 15 minutes (15 minute minimum)
$0.25 per page
Certified Copy of Record
$10 per record, plus record copy fees per page
$15 per name, per letter. Includes local history search.
Sex Offender List
$7.50 per list, no additional copy fees
$1 plus current USPS rates
$20 per person, per set of prints. Must live or work in Westminster.
Certified VIN Inspection
$20 per vehicle, by appointment only.
Audio Tape Reproduction/911 Tapes*
$30 per incident, includes retrieval fee and tape
$30, one hour minimum, per tape, plus the above retrieval fe
Video Tape/DVD Reproduction
$30 per incident, includes tape/DVD
Security Video Copy
$30 per CD/DVD, per incident, per request
Digital Photo CD
$30 includes all photos related to case, except any mug photos
*some tapes may require transcription pursuant to law