Forms and FAQs
Obtaining Police Reports
Copies of police reports can be obtained in person or by sending a written request, including a completed search request form.
Reports can be obtained Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you request your report in person, you will need to complete a search request form for each report, provide identification and pay the report fee for each report (VISA/Mastercard, cash or money order). The processing of your request can take five minutes to an hour.
If submitting a written request, please contact the Records Section.
- A search request form will be mailed, faxed or can be picked up at the Records window.
- The search request form needs to be filled in with the report number(s), date, location of incident, involved parties, and requires the requester's signature.
- Once the search request has been completed, please submit it with the payment in the amount of the report fee. (Please call Records for specific pricing information.)
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Requests are processed on a daily basis. Your request should be mailed to:
Westminster Police Department
Attn: Records Section
9110 Yates Street
Westminster, CO 80031
Records Section Public Hours of Operation
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Traffic Accident Report
Traffic Accident Report -
In an effort to provide citizens and insurance companies with the ability to obtain accurate and affordable crash reports as quickly as possible, our crash reports are now available for purchase online. All online requests for crash reports can be made at BuyCrash.Com.
BuyCrash.Com charges a nominal convenience fee for this service which is added to the cost of the report. Involved parties that do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay only the cost of the report.
All questions related to BuyCrash.Com can be answered by visiting their website and clicking the Contact Us link.
Fingerprinting Fee and Requirements:
- Fingerprinting is provided by the Westminster Police Department.
- Fingerprinting fee: $20 per person.
- You must live or work in the City of Westminster.
- You must provide a valid Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado State Identification with current address.
- Walk-ins accepted during the times listed below only.
Westminster Police Department
9110 Yates St.
Fingerprinting Walk-In Days and Times:
It is advised to call the day you would like to be fingerprinted to ensure there is available staff. 303 658 4380
Mondays - 1-4 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - 3-6 p.m.
Cash or Visa/Mastercard (exact amount and no credit cards accepted after 8 p.m.)
Information: 303-706-3516 or 303-658-4380
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspections
The Westminster Police Department does not provide VIN inspections. Please contact the State Patrol Office at 303-239-4545.
$7.50 per 1/4 hour billed in increments of 15 minutes (15 minute minimum)
$0.25 per page
Certified Copy of Record
$5 per record, plus record copy fees per page
$15 per name, per letter. Includes local history search.
Sex Offender List
$7.50 per list, no additional copy fees
$1 plus current USPS rates
$20 per person, per set of prints. Must live or work in Westminster.
Audio Tape Reproduction/911 Tapes*
$30 per incident, includes retrieval fee and tape
$30, one hour minimum, per tape, plus the above retrieval fe
Video Tape/DVD Reproduction
$25 per incident, includes tape/DVD
Security Video Copy
$25 per CD/DVD, per incident, per request
Digital Photo CD
$30 includes all photos related to case, except any mug photos
*some tapes may require transcription pursuant to law