Big Dry Creek Dog Park, 1700 W. 128th Ave.
Dog drinking fountain
Dog play and exercise equipment
Off-Leash Dog Park Rules and Regulations
This one-acre, fenced dog park was built in 2008. It is distinctive because it is a part of a larger park facility, which includes a playground, picnic shelters and athletic fields. This allows users to recreate with all members of the family, including the family pooch. Doggie exercise/play pieces were funded by a Neighborhood Enhancement Grant. This dog park has a very loyal following who enjoy the location and amenities.
It is important that dogs are under voice command at all times. The size of the park allows dogs to run, fetch and play. If you bring young children to the park, please be aware of the jumping, bounding nature of off-leash dogs.
The rules and regulations of the off-leash dog park are designed to protect your dog and respect other users.
- The site is open from sunrise to sunset, seven days a week.
- All dogs owned by residents of Westminster, both in Adams and Jefferson counties, are required by law to be licensed. Get information about dog licensing in Westminster.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering or leaving the off-leash area, and owners must have a visible leash at all times.
- Dogs are not allowed to chase or harass wildlife or other dogs.
- Owners may not leave their dogs unattended.
- Animals must be spayed or neutered.
- Owners must remove dog’s waste.
The following dogs are not allowed in the off-leash area:
- Aggressive dogs
- Female dogs in heat
- Dogs without current vaccination tag attached to collar worn by the dog
- Dogs too young to vaccinate against rabies
- Dogs known to be ill or exhibiting signs of illness
- Dogs not under voice command
- The owner assumes the legal responsibility for any damage, disease or injury to
persons, other dogs or property caused by his/her dog.
View Larger Map