City Council approves 2013 Community Development Block Grant appropriation
(Aug 29, 2013)
The City of Westminster was awarded $591,925 in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for 2013.
The amount awarded by HUD represents a 13.1 percent increase over the city’s 2012 award.
At the Aug. 26 City Council meeting, the City Council approved the appropriation of these funds.
Projects funded through the 2013 CDBG award include:
- Bradburn Boulevard Realignment Phase II - $183,540
- Westminster Grange/Rodeo Market Community Arts Center Feasibility Study - $15,000
- Rodeo Market Park Improvements - $250,000
- Lowell Boulevard, 80th Avenue to U.S. 36 Streetscape Improvements Project Design - $25,000
- Program Administration - $118,385
To learn more about each project, read the staff report.
For more information regarding the CDBG program, contact Community Development Program Planner Heather Ruddy at 303-658-2111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.