Historical marker installed at Church's Stage Stop historical site
(Apr 26, 2012)
This week, a bronze plaque was installed at the Church’s Stage Stop historic site, located on the west side of Wadsworth Boulevard, north of 103rd Avenue.
The site was a stagecoach stop operated by the George and Sara Church family, beginning in 1864.The stop was halfway between Denver and Boulder along the Overland Stage route.
The plaque is mounted on a large boulder near the brick well, which is the only remaining remnant of the stage stop.
In 2002, City Council budgeted funds to fabricate 24 plaques to commemorate Westminster history. To date, 19 of 24 plaques have been installed.
The locations of the plaques and the inscriptions can be found in the Historic Preservation section of the City’s website.