We have addressed some of the common access issues below. However, you can talk to a person who will help during business hours at 303-658-2603. After hours, email WPL-inTouch@cityofwestminster.us and we will reply the next business day.
Please note: Online library services and phone renewal are briefly unavailable due to weekly maintenance between 9-10 p.m. on Thursday nights.
COMMON ACCESS PROBLEMS
Your barcode is not recognized:
- Unless otherwise noted, you must be a City of Westminster resident or Front Range Community College (FRCC) Westminster Campus student, staff or faculty member with a valid library card to use the online resources. Note: The Westminster Public Library's Overdrive downloadable collection is not available to FRCC students.
- Your library card number is 14 digits long. Be sure to enter all of the digits in the correct order. It begins with 23020. FRCC students cannot log in with an S#. Students need a Wolf Card that's been activated at the library.
- Be sure to enter the library card number WITHOUT spaces.
- Library cards do expire. Call the library with your barcode during business hours and (in most cases) we can renew your card over the phone.
Your PIN is not working or you don't know it:
- Your PIN number is a four digit number. It can be one that you assigned, or it can be the last four digits of your phone number.
- If your PIN is not working, you probably changed it to be something other than your phone number, or you changed your phone number and the library did not change your PIN. Call the library with your barcode during business hours and we will tell you what PIN is on file. You will NOT be able to access the databases or place holds until your PIN matches what the library has in your patron record.
Back to top
Page Does Not Display
All remote library services are briefly unavailable for weekly maintenance between 9-10 p.m. on Thursday nights. This includes access to the catalog, databases, online and phone renewals and the downloadable website. If you are attempting access during this time, please try again later.
Unless otherwise noted, you must be a City of Westminster resident or Front Range Community College (FRCC) Westminster Campus student, staff or faculty member with a valid library card to use the online resources. Note: The Westminster Public Library's Overdrive downloadable collection is not available to FRCC students.
Back to top
Database Displays Username/Password Login Box
There are several reasons this might be happening:
Cookies are not fully enabled
By default, most browsers comes with cookies enabled at a setting of "MEDIUM." At medium, some of the library's online databases may work, but others will prompt you to enter a username and password. If you receive such a prompt, first try changing your cookies settings to allow all cookies.
Cookies need to be deleted to clear session
To move between databases, it is sometimes necessary to delete the current session cookie. You might need to delete cookies if you've used the browser back arrow to navigate instead of just closing the window and returning to the database list, or, if you have been using the databases for more than 30 minutes. Please refer to the links below to learn how to delete cookies. Internet Explorer users may also need to unclick "Preserve Favorites website data."
Manage cookies in IE8
Manage cookies in IE9
Manage cookies in IE10
Manage cookies in Firefox
Manage cookies in Chrome
Manage cookies in Safari 8 (Yosemite)
Anti-virus and/or Firewall software is blocking cookies
If you have set the cookies properly through the browser and still get a username/password prompt when trying to access the databases you may need to check the settings of the anti-virus program (ex: McAfee, Norton, AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials) on your computer.
Computer clock or time zone is wrong
First check the time and time zone on your computer. The time is show in the bottom right-hand corner of the monitor. This is especially critical during the change to and from Daylight Savings Time. To adjust the settings, double-click the time to open the date/time properties window. On the date and time tab, make sure the correct date and time shows. Be sure that a.m. or p.m. is correct. On the time zone tab, make sure Mountain Time (US and Canada) is selected.
Issues Specific to the Overdrive Downloadable Collection
The format you've downloaded may be incompatible with your device. Call the library during business hours at 303-658-2604 or e-mail WPL-InTouch. We will review your account and have the incompatible items removed.
You may not have all the software you need to access and use the downloadable collection. Please review the device specific instructions on the Overdrive Help page.
Back to top