2017 Large Item Cleanup Program
The Large Item Cleanup Program encourages residents to properly dispose of large items not normally picked up by the local disposal companies. Get large items picked up directly from your curb. Help keep our city beautiful and prevent illegal dumping.
- Registration is required.
- Fee: $30 per household.
- Debris pile must be no larger than 4 feet wide, by 8 feet long, by 4 feet high. Debris amounts in excess of standardized size will not be removed.
- All items must be marked for “Westminster Cleanup.”
- Items must be placed parallel with the sidewalk and at the curb, NOT on the driveway.
- Items must be placed at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your designated pick-up day (see the map).
- Normal household trash will not be removed.
- The cleanup contractor uses two-person crews to load the trucks, so any one item should not weigh more than two people can lift.
- Secure or remove doors on any items that may pose a safety hazard to small children.
- Only Westminster resident household debris will be picked up. Business debris, large quantities of construction debris or debris items transported in from outside the city limits will not be picked up.
When is your pickup day?
Residential neighborhoods will be divided into three areas (unincorporated areas of the city are not picked up). All items should be placed at the curb, separate from your normal weekly household trash, no later than 7 a.m. Items will be picked up for each area ONLY on the area specific date. Items stacked in the driveway or in the yard will not be removed.
View the area map to find your pickup day.
Area 1 – Saturday, April 22
Area 2 – Saturday, April 29
Area 3 – Saturday, May 6
- Register Online through Sunday, April 2, at midnight.
- The $30 registration fee is non-refundable.
Washers, dryers, ranges, dishwashers, microwave ovens, water heaters, bathtubs, toilets, mattresses, lumber, furniture, bicycles, carpet, doors, swing sets, lawn mowers (fluids must be drained), railroad ties, sections of fencing, auto parts (fluids must be drained), lawn furniture, bed frames, cabinets, and tree limbs and stumps over 8 inches in diameter. The cleanup contractor uses two-person crews to load the trucks, so any one item should not weigh more than two people can lift. Oversize items need to be disassembled to 6 feet or less. Engines must be drained.
Household waste which would be picked up with normal weekly trash service, appliances with Freon units such as refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners, pesticides, paint, commercial waste, car bodies, televisions, computer monitors, tires, concrete, soil or sod, tree limbs less than 8 inches in diameter, shrubs, grass clippings, sealed containers or drums, bricks, batteries, corrosives, flammable or combustible liquids, or any items listed as a hazardous material. Get information on how to dispose of household hazardous waste and recycling.
Large Item Clean up Program Hotline: 303-706-3334.