Foreclosure assistance available
Community Resources and Housing Development Corporation is a HUD-approved housing counseling agency offering free and confidential foreclosure prevention services. Experienced, bi-lingual staff will help homeowners understand their options and can negotiate directly with lenders for loan modifications or other resolutions that keep a family in their home and may provide a more affordable mortgage payment. Free services include foreclosure mitigation, credit and budget counseling, and financial fitness classes.
Visit Community Resources and Housing Development Corporation's website or call 303-428-1448 to schedule an appointment at the Westminster office.
Adams County Housing Authority (303-227-2719) provides counseling concerning mortgage loans, budgeting, debt/money management, case management to establishing a reasonable plan for unexpected financial emergencies, property maintenance and the pursuit of all avenues to preclude a foreclosure.
Homelessness prevention and resources
Residents who may be at risk for losing their home due to eviction may call local nonprofit organizations for advice and assistance. These agencies include:
- United Way Social Services Hotline: Call 211
- Growing Home - 3489 West 72nd Avenue, Suite 112, Westminster: Emergency family shelter, food pantry, after-school programs, parent education and support, rental assistance: 303-426-0430
- Family Promise of Greater Denver: 303-675-0713
- Denver Rescue Mission Shelter - 1130 Park Avenue West, Denver: 303-294-0157
- Samaritan House: 2301 Lawrence Street, Denver: 303-284-0241
- St Francis Center - 2323 Curtis Street, Denver: 303-297-1576
- The Action Center - 8755 W. 14th Avenue, Lakewood: 303-237-7704
- Colorado Homeless Families: 303-420-6634
- Family Tree Hotlines: House of Hope (shelter in Englewood), 303-762-9525; housing and family services, 303-467-2604 (main)
- Women in Crisis (emergency needs): 303-420-6752