Gregory House, 8140 Lowell Boulevard (Click for map)
The Gregory House was constructed in 1910 by William and Susanna Gregory. William Gregory was a professor of English and Bible Studies at Westminster University. The house was situated on land adjacent to the university campus and was sold by the trustees of the school to raise operating funds for the institution. In 1911, William Gregory was one of the incorporators of the Town of Westminster, and the Gregory House is one of the oldest remaining residences in the city today. The house is a flared-eave, solid-brick version of the Dutch Colonial Revival style, with architectural elements uncommon in Colorado. The dwelling’s commanding position on the promontory known as Gregory Hill has made it a visual landmark for the local community. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
For more information download the Gregory House National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form and the The Gregory House Architectural History Study.