South Westminster Arts Group at the Rodeo Market Community Art Center
The Rodeo Market Community Art Center (RMACC) is a local historic landmark and home to the South Westminster Arts Group (SWAG). SWAG’s mission includes support of emerging artists, community outreach, public art offerings and initiating participatory and educational programs for all ages, abilities and backgrounds. SWAG’s programming includes:
- 2nd Saturday Art Walks, held every second Saturday of the month from 2-6 pm. Located at the Rodeo Market Community Art Center, located 3915 West 73rd Ave., contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s Public Tile Project – a participatory program for children to produce durable ceramic art tiles to be used in indoor and outdoor public art installations in the Historic Westminster Arts District.
- Sculpture on 73rd Avenue –The Sculpture on 73rd Avenue is an annual outdoor sculpture garden presented by S.W.A.G. (South Westminster Arts Group). The sculpture garden gives the community a vibrant and ever changing public exhibit to enjoy year round. The show is curated in a way that involves the public in the selection process for sculptures that will be displayed in the heart of the Historic Westminster Arts District near the Rodeo Market Community Arts Center at 3915 W. 73rd Ave for one year.
Artists whose art is chosen to show in the Sculpture on 73rd Ave win a stipend for displaying their work and are promoted to patrons and businesses for the whole year. Their work will also be considered for purchase by the City of Westminster as part of the city’s public art program. For more information contact email@example.com
- Historic Westminster Orchard Festival – This annual event takes place rain or shine on the last Saturday of September at the RMCAC. Celebrating the agricultural heritage of the South Westminster area, this festival combines music, public art offerings and community inspired entertainment, all set in the Sculpture Garden located outside of the RMCAC. It is during the Orchard Festival that the Public jurying process for the Sculpture on 73rd Ave program takes place.
- 73rd Avenue Playhouse, 7287 Lowell Boulevard. In a partnership with SWAG, Germinal Stage a well-known and prestigious Colorado Theater Company has relocated to the neighborhood of South Westminster. For more information on coming productions visit the Germinal Stage website.
SWAG supports the work of creative professionals in south Westminster and welcomes artists from all disciplines, including music, spoken word, film, dance, and visual arts to become a part of their organization and the growing arts district of which they are a part.
SWAG’s business office and the Rodeo Market Gallery are located in the historic Rodeo Market building, which was acquired by the Westminster Housing Authority to serve as a community center and revitalization tool in the south Westminster area. The restoration of the Rodeo Market and SWAG programming have been supported by the State Historical Fund, the City of Westminster, the Colorado Creative Industries and other local sponsorships, donations and volunteers since 2007.