Prescription discount cards available for residents
Westminster residents are now eligible for discounts on prescription drugs under a new program offered by the National League of Cities.
The discount cards offer average savings of 20 percent off the retail price of commonly prescribed drugs to residents who are without health insurance, a traditional benefits plan or have prescriptions that are not covered by insurance.
The card is FREE to all Westminster residents, regardless of age, income or existing health insurance. The NLC card can be used when purchasing prescription drugs at approximately 100 pharmacies in the Westminster area, as well as at more than 59,000 participating retail pharmacies across the country. Program details are available on the city website.
Visit the program website to learn more about the program, print a discount card, check drug prices and locate participating pharmacies.
Residents may also pick up a card at the following locations:
- Westminster City Hall Lobby, 4800 W. 92nd Ave.
- The MAC, 3295 W. 72nd Ave.
- Westminster City Park Recreation Center, 10455 Sheridan Blvd.
- West View Recreation Center, 10747 W. 108th Ave.
- Swim & Fitness Center, 3290 W. 76th Ave.
- Westminster Food Bank Locations: St. Mark's Catholic Church, 3141 W. 96th Ave.; United Methodist Church, 3585 W. 76th Ave.; Westminster Presbyterian Church, 3990 W. 74th Ave.
- Have-A-Heart Charity, 3455 W. 72nd Ave., e-mail Debbie@smithworldtravel.com for hours of operation.
- Growing Home, Inc., 3489 W. 72nd Ave., Suite 109.
- School District 50 Welcome Center, 72nd Avenue and Lowell Boulevard.
Or for more information, call toll free: 1-888-620-1749.
This is not insurance. Discounts are only available at participating pharmacies. By using this card, participants agree to pay the entire prescription cost less any applicable discount. Savings may vary by drug and pharmacy.