Household Hazardous Waste
The city has contracted with Waste Management at Your Door Special Collection, Inc. to collect household hazardous waste directly from your home by appointment FREE of charge.
How the Program Works:
- Residents must have at least three different materials before scheduling an appointment (see materials list below).
- Call 303-706-3362 to schedule your collection appointment.
- Prior to your appointment date, you will receive a collection bag to place your non-recyclable materials in for pick-up--recyclable hazardous materials in containers five gallons or smaller must be place outside of the bag.
- On the date of collection, place materials by your garage or front door before 7 a.m.
Non-recyclable household hazardous waste: adhesives, five gallons of oil-based paint, aerosols, art/hobby supplies, brake fluid, automotive paint, solvents, household batteries, waxes, household cleaning chemicals, fluorescent tubes, thermostats and thermometers.
- Recyclable household hazardous waste (place in five gallon containers or smaller, and leave outside of the collection bag you are sent): seven gallons of anti-freeze, five automotive batteries, seven gallons of automotive oil, five used oil filters, and five gallons of latex paint.
When you schedule your collection appointment, the volume restrictions listed above will be verified and if you have materials in excess of the limits, charges will be applied.
If you must dispose of a product or material not in the list above, refer to the Hard to Recycle Guide for more information.