Household Hazardous Waste
The city has contracted with Waste Management At Your Door Special Collection, Inc. to collect household hazardous waste directly from your home by appointment FREE of charge.
How the Program Works:
- Residents must have at least three different materials before scheduling an appointment (see materials list below).
- If you have paint, you must have more than three (3) gallons. If you do not have more than three gallons, you can dry out the paint cans by removing the lids to air dry, use kitty litter, or a paint hardener that you can purchase at any hardware store. Once the paint is completely dry, you can dispose of the paint cans in your normal trash.
- Call 303-706-3362 to schedule your collection appointment.
- Prior to your appointment date, you will receive a collection bag to place your non-recyclable materials in for pick-up. Recyclable hazardous materials in containers five gallons or smaller must be placed outside of the bag.
- On the date of collection, place materials by your garage or front door before 7 a.m.
- Non-recyclable household hazardous waste: adhesives, oil-based paint (five gallons maximum?), aerosols, art/hobby supplies, brake fluid, automotive paint, solvents, household batteries, waxes, household cleaning chemicals, fluorescent tubes, thermostats and thermometers.
- Recyclable household hazardous waste (place in five gallon containers or smaller, and leave outside of the collection bag you are sent): anti-freeze (seven gallons maximum), automotive batteries (five maximum), automotive oil (seven gallons maximum), used oil filters (five maximum), and latex paint (five gallons maximum.)
No more than 10 – one (1) gallon containers or 2 – five (5) gallon containers.
When you schedule your collection appointment, the volume restrictions listed above will be verified and if you have materials in excess of the limits, charges may be applied.
If you must dispose of a product or material not in the list above, refer to the Hard to Recycle Guide for more information.