OFFICIAL ELECTION RESULTS
Measure 2A - Firefighters’ Safety and Collective Bargaining Question:
Shall the City Council of the City of Westminster enact an ordinance by July 1, 2017, which would prohibit Westminster firefighters from striking and create a mutual obligation between the designated representative of Westminster firefighters and the City to bargain collectively in good faith with respect to such terms that include, but might not be limited to, wages, benefits, and items related to personal safety, with such agreements made upon these terms memorialized in a contract enacted by the City Council, with disputes resolved by nonbinding arbitration with impasses to be submitted to the electors of the City for final resolution?
YES: 30,675 - 57.45%
NO: 22,716 - 42.45%
Ballot Drop-Off Locations
Colorado voter registration forms can be obtained at the City Clerk's office or by visiting the state's website. You must be 18 years of age, a United States citizen and a resident of Colorado for 30 days prior to the election. Registration forms must be submitted to the appropriate County Clerk's office. Each office's address and phone number is listed on the back of the registration form.
Jefferson County Voters Information - Jefferson County Election website or call the Jefferson County Clerk’s office at 303-271-8111.
Adams County Voters Information – Adams County Election website or call the Adams County Clerk’s office at 720-523-6500.
Register to vote or verify your voter registration by visiting the state's website.
- Political signs DO NOT require permits.
- Under NO circumstances should political signage of any type, size or scale be placed in the public right-of-way, or positioned in such a way as to cause unsafe blind spots or visual distractions for motorists.
- Political signs MAY NOT be of any type of sign that is expressly forbidden in Section 11-11-5 of the Westminster Municipal Code (for example, a sign erected with moving parts or flashing lights).
- Political signs must be placed at least 100 feet away from a polling place, but not on a public right-of-way.
- Political signs MAY NOT be placed on or over any public property.
Please contact the City Clerk at 303-658-2161 for more information.