Yates Street - 75th Avenue to 76th Avenue
Check back weekly for project updates
Oct. 31 - This new 8-inch water main project is now complete. The asphalt contractor is scheduled to come in this Saturday, Nov. 2, to patch back the trench, weather permitting.
Oct. 24 - This water main project is complete and the trench has been marked for patching. The contractor should start patching in the next couple of weeks weather permitting.
Oct. 17 - The crew has connected all the individual water services to the new water main for this project. They will be compacting the trench and performing the final water main connection at 76th Avenue in the next few days. The crew hopes to complete this project early next week and schedule the contractor to patch back the trench shortly after.
Oct. 10 - The crew started connecting the individual water service connections on Thursday, Oct. 10. Earlier in the week the crew was helping out the City of Lyons and going through their annual snow removal training.
Oct. 3 - The crew was able to pass both a bacteria and pressure test on the new 8-inch water main. The crew has installed two fire hydrants and a sample station. They will start connecting the individual water service connections early next week.
Sept. 26 - The crew should complete the new 8-inch PVC pipe installation for this project before weeks end. They will load the pipe with water and chlorine to set over the weekend. After the crew passes a bacteria and pressure test early next week they will start connecting the individual water services.
Sept. 19 - The crew will have the trench milled today before they start installing the new 8-inch PVC pipe starting at 75th Avenue. The pipe installation will continue in to next week.
Sept. 12 - This project was scheduled to have a 36-inch trench milled this Thursday, Sept. 12, but this has been canceled due to the rainy weather. This has been re-scheduled for next Thursday, Sept. 19. The crew will start installing 8-inch PVC pipe shortly after the milling has been completed.
A water main line construction will be taking place in this area beginning Thursday, Sept. 12. This construction will consist of replacing the old, deteriorating water main line with a new PVC (plastic) main. he project is estimated to take approximately 30 working days to complete, weather permitting. Normal working hours during the construction period will be Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. You will also notice the following activity in your area:
- Different color paint marks in the street. This is done to locate all existing utilities in the area (such as gas and electric mains) and mark the future water main trench.
- A contractor will rotomill a 36-inch wide trench in the street where the water main is to be installed and PVC pipe will be laid out in the gutter line until it is installed.
- A bacteria test and pressure test will be conducted on the new main. This is done to ensure the water is safe and there are no leaks. During this process you will notice water being flushed from a fire hydrant or 2-inch blow off pipe.
- After the bacteria and pressure tests pass, workers will connect the individual home services to the main. The new main will be connected to existing water mains. (We will be excavating areas we have already been to.)
- The old main, valves and fire hydrants will be removed or abandoned and the trench will be compacted to assure no settling.
- NOTE: During this entire project, your water may be turned off at different times throughout the day. We will attempt to notify you prior to any water shut-offs. In the event of an emergency, the water will be turned off immediately without notification.
Upon completion of the project, the water may taste and/or smell like plastic. Do not be alarmed, this is normal due to the new plastic pipe and may be experienced up to two weeks.
Every effort will be made by the City of Westminster to minimize any inconvenience that may occur to you or your property.
Contact information If you have any questions or comments, contact:
Roger Harshman, construction crew foreman City of Westminster, Public Works and Utilities Department 303-658-2505 email@example.com
Or contact the City of Westminster Public Works and Utilities Department at 658-2500 during normal working hours.
On weekends or after-hours, call 303-658-2447.