US 36 Express Lanes Project
The U.S. 36 Express Lanes project is a multi-modal project led by the Colorado High Performance Transportation Enterprise (HPTE), Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), and Regional Transportation District (RTD) to reconstruct U.S. 36 from Federal Boulevard to 88th Street in Louisville/Superior. Click here for a map of the project.
Visit CDOT's website for the latest information about the project.
The project will:
- Add an express lane, also referred to as a managed lane, in each direction of US 36 for Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), High Occupancy Vehicles (HOV) and tolled Single Occupancy Vehicles (SOV);
- Reconstruct existing pavement on U.S. 36 and widening the highway to accommodate 12-foot wide inside and outside shoulders;
- Replace the Wadsworth Parkway, Wadsworth Boulevard (at 112th Avenue) and Lowell Boulevard bridges over U.S. 36;
- Reconstruct the Sheridan Boulevard Bridge over U.S. 36, along with roadway approaches and ramp intersections;
- Reconstruct the U.S. 36 bridge over the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway;
- Add Bus Rapid Transit improvements, including new electronic display signage at stations and bus priority improvements at ramps. The improvements also will allow buses to operate on the shoulders of US 36 between interchanges to decrease bus travel time;
- Install Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) for tolling, transit and traveler information and incident management;
- Install a separate commuter bikeway along much of the corridor; and
- Improve RTD stations along the corridor, including new canopies with enhanced weather protection.
Federal Boulevard to 88th Street in Louisville/Superior
Travel impacts for the week
Smart Commute Metro North
36 Commuting Solutions
Summer 2012 – Construction begins
January 2015 – Express Lanes open
Hotline - 303-404-7042
Email - info@US36ExpressLanes.com
Website - www.US36ExpressLanes.com
Mobile Website - http://m.US36ExpressLanes.com