Parks, Recreation and Libraries
4800 W. 92nd Ave.
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Libraries provides many of the physical, social and cultural needs of the community. This department constructs and maintains parks, trails and right-of-ways; operates several recreation centers and libraries; and plans and implements programs, sports leagues, senior activities and special events.
- Provides overall management of the Parks, Recreation and Libraries Department
* Jason Genck, Director, 303-658-2198
Library Services Division:
Irving Street Library, 7392 Irving Street
College Hill Library, 3705 West 112th Avenue
- Circulates books, audiobooks, magazines, music and movies
- Supports students, lifelong learners and recreational readers with research, reference and readers' advisory services
- Offers free programs for children, teens and adults, including story time, citizenship classes, English conversation groups and book clubs
- Allows free wired and wireless internet access for members of the community
- Provides 24/7 online access to the library catalog, downloadable audio and video, and over 30 subscription databases
* Kate Skarbek, Library Services Manager, 303-658-2640
Park Services Division:
- Performs all park, public facility, median, right-of-way, forestry and open space maintenance
- Operates the Legacy Ridge and The Heritage at Westmoor golf courses and restaurants
- Operates the Standley Lake Regional Park
- Preserves and maintains open spaces throughout the city
- Manages the city greenhouse
- Designs and develops the city's comprehensive parks, open space and trails program
*Lance Johnson, Park Services Manager, 303-658-2854
Recreation Facilities Division and Recreation Programs Division:
* Justin Cutler, Recreation Services Manager, 303-658-2211
Operations and Marketing and Communications:
- Develops and oversees various marketing and communications efforts of the department including public and media relations, branding, web maintenance, grant coordination, sponsorships and social media strategy.
- Oversees Landscape Architects.
- Manages Open Space aquisitions.
- Provides human resources needs of the department.
*Ryan Hegreness, Operations Manager, 303-658-2197
*Jessica Stauffer, Marketing Supervisor, 303-658-2185