Parks, Recreation and Libraries
4800 W. 92nd Ave.
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Libraries provides many of the physical, social and cultural needs of the community. This department constructs and maintains parks, trails and right-of-ways; operates several recreation centers and libraries; and plans and implements programs, sports leagues, senior activities and special events. This is all accomplished keeping the mission of the Parks, Recreation and Libraries Department in mind. The mission states, "Together we create exceptional opportunities for a vibrant community with a commitment to nature, wellness and literacy".
- Provides overall leadership and management of the Parks, Recreation and Libraries Department.
* Jason Genck, Director, 303-658-2198
Library Services Division:
Irving Street Library, 7392 Irving Street
College Hill Library, 3705 West 112th Avenue
- Meets the cultural, informational, intellectual and social needs of residents or all ages.
- Circulates books, audiobooks, magazines, music, movies, eboks and e-audiobooks.
- Supports students, lifelong learners and recreational readers with research, reference, readers' advisory services and community meeting spaces.
- Offers free programs for children, teens and adults, including story time, citizenship classes, English conversation groups, genealogy programs, job hunt help, computer help classes, book clubs and Adventure passes.
- Allows free wired and wireless internet access for members of the community.
- Offers fax services.
- Provides 24/7 online access to the library catalog, downloadable audio and video, and over 30 subscription databases
* Justin Cutler, Interim Library Services Manager, 303-658-2211
Open Space Division:
- Acquires, preserves and maintains open spaces and trails throughout the city.
- Operates the Standley Lake Regional Park and small watercraft rentals.
- Provides a variety of outdoor activities including programs on environmental education, sustainability and stewardship.
- Maintains and enhances urban forest resources.
- Oversees the Open Space Volunteer Program.
*Rod Larsen, Open Space Manager, 303-658-2285
Operations and Marketing and Communications:
- Develops and oversees various marketing and communications efforts of the department including public and media relations, branding, web maintenance, grant coordination, sponsorships, special events and social media strategy.
- Oversees Landscape Architects and design development.
- Manages Open Space acquisitions.
- Provides human resources needs of the department.
- Provides financial oversight for the department.
*Ryan Hegreness, Operations Manager, 303-658-2197
Park Services Division:
- Performs all park, public facility, sports complex, landscape, median and right-of-way maintenance.
- Operates and maintains Legacy Ridge and The Heritage at Westmoor golf courses and restaurants.
- Manages the city greenhouse operation.
- Manages the departments in-house construction crew.
*Lance Johnson, Park Services Manager, 303-658-2854
Recreation Services Division
- Manages the Recreation Facilities Division and Recreation Programs Division
- Operates City Park Recreation Center, City Park Fitness Center, Swim and Fitness Center, The MAC and West View Recreation Center as well as the Countryside outdoor pool.
- Manages the Westminster Sports Center, Adult Sports, and Youth Sports.
- Provides a wide range of recreation programs and activities including arts and crafts, enrichment programs for adults, fitness, youth programs, adult and youth sports programs, aquatics and mature adult programs.
* Justin Cutler, Recreation Services Manager, 303-658-2211
City Park Recreation Center, 10455 Sheridan Blvd. - 303-460-9690
City Park Fitness Center, 10475 Sheridan Blvd. - 303-460-9691
The MAC, 3295 W. 72nd Ave. – 303-426-4310
Swim & Fitness Center, 3290 W. 76th Ave. – 303-427-2217
Westminster Sports Center, 6051 W. 95th Ave. – 303-658-2393
West View Recreation Center, 10747 W. 108th Ave. – 303-460-6530
Countryside Outdoor Pool, 10470 Oak St. – 303-466-1738