4800 West 92nd Avenue Westminster, CO 80031
Home | City Government | Community Development | Building Division
Does your residential project require a building permit?
Why should I get a permit for my own home?
Westminster Building Division
Westminster City Hall
4800 W. 92nd Ave.
Westminster, CO 80031
Phone: 303-658-2075 Fax: 303-706-3922
Building Division staff phone list
Subscribe to Email Notifications from the Building Division
Monday-Thursday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Starting April 25, 2014 building permit inspections can be requested for Friday. Please view information on how to schedule an inspection under the inspection scheduling tab to the right.
NOTE: Building division staff are in a meeting every Wednesday morning from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and will be unavailable during this time to process permits or answer questions.
You can schedule inspections up to five business days in advance, cancel inspections (up until 6 a.m. the day of the inspection), and check inspection results 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The deadline for same day inspections is 6 a.m.
Please note that most inspections will be conducted next business day, with the exception of roofing inspections. Due to a large amount of roofing inspection requests, we are approximately 4 to 6 weeks out on roofing inspections.
Even if you schedule an inspection for the next business day, your inspection will be held over and will be conducted in the order the request was received.
We provide a ladder for all one-story roofing inspections. If the inspection requires a second ladder, please indicate in your inspection request that the house is a two-story and provide a phone number we can call to coordinate for ladder placement. DO NOT SET A LADDER until we coordinate with you.
Before calling, you will need
• Your six-digit permit number
• An inspection code - see brochure
To schedule an inspection by phone:
1. Call the Inspection Request Line 303-650-0626
2. Choose from the following options:
• Press (1) for scheduling options or to be directed to an inspector assigned to your inspection
• Press (0) to speak with a Building Division representative
3. Follow through the prompts. You will be provided with a confirmation number once the inspection has been scheduled. All rough and final building, plumbing, mechanical and electrical inspections must be done as combination inspections and must be requested at the same time.
The Online Permit Manager allows you to: