- Licensing: All business, home occupation, sales tax, solid waste collection, security guard business, amusement machine, liquor establishments, pet shops, and pawnbrokers.
- Serves as secretary to the City Council: prepares council agendas, memorandums, and packets; records and prepares council meeting minutes; and updates and maintains the City Code.
- Elections: Coordinates and conducts general and special elections; accepts and verifies candidate initiatives and referendum petitions; voter registration; provides information to prospective City Council members; serves as chairperson to the Election Commission. View more information about elections, voter registration and political signs.
- Public Records Requests: The city clerk is the official custodian of the city’s public records, receives and responds to public record requests, and is responsible for the retention of city records and preservation of archival documents. Criminal Records Requests must be made through the Police Department. Get more information about public records requests.
- Handles citizen inquiries on information about the city and community.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Special Permit and License Board.
- Maintains records of prospective members to Boards and Commissions; handles recommendations to City Council on resignations and appointments to Boards and Commissions.
- Publishing of legal notices: responsible for publishing of legal notices pertaining to ordinances, summary of proceedings, public hearings, elections notices, and any other required notices in the city's official newspaper.
- Passports are handled by the General Services Division.
Michelle Parker, City Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-658-2161