Nancy McNally - Mayor
Term expires: November, 2013
NOTE: Please direct all invitations or requests for attendance to the City Manager's Office, 4800 W. 92nd Ave., Westminster, CO 80031; 303-658-2016.
Nancy McNally was elected to Westminster City Council in November 2001 to serve a four-year term and was selected as mayor pro-tem in 2003. She was elected as mayor of the city in November 2005 and re-elected in November 2009.
Currently serving the community:
- Executive Committee Board for Colorado Municipal League (CML)
- U.S. 36 Mayors/Commissioners (MCC)
- Chair of Urban Drainage and Flood Control
- DRCOG Board Member
- Monthly meeting with the north area mayors
- North Area Transportation Authority (NATA)
- Metzger Farm Foundation Co-Chair
- Adams County Government (ADCOG) monthly meeting
- Jefferson County Commissioners quarterly meeting
- Metro Mayors Caucus
- Westminster Historical Society liaison
- Westminster Citizen Police Academy Graduate and Alumni member
- Westminster Citizen Fire Academy Graduate 2007
- 2007 Jefferson County Elected Official of the Year
- 2008 National League of Cities Women in Municipal Government Finalist
Past service to the community:
- Jefferson County School Board - 1989-1997
- Butterfly Pavilion Board - 1999-2001
- Colorado Children's Trust Fund Board - 1999-2003
- PTA lifetime member
- Westminster Open Space liaison
- U.S. 36 Commuting Solutions
- Fastracks EIS
- U.S. 36 EIS
- Regional Transportation Committee
- Past Chair of Denver Regional Council of Governments
- Budget and Management Committe on CML executive board
- Chair of NATA January 2011-2013
McNally has lived in Westminster for 36 years, after moving to Colorado from Iowa. She has been married to Larry for 43 years and has three grown kids, four grandsons, one granddaughter and two pugs. She was a trainer for drug/alcohol and suicide prevention and leadership development for classified employees in Jefferson County Schools. She has been a volunteer lay chaplain at Lutheran Hospital and Colorado Lutheran Home.
McNally is a facilitator for consensus building, problem-solving and leadership development. She facilitates groups with various needs and interests.
In her spare time, she enjoys machine embroidery, digitizing logos, knitting, crocheting and sewing. A group comes to her home to learn to knit and crochet. Email if you are interested as there is always room for one more.